This blog post will be shining a light on some great sustainability projects in both of our homes: Ibiza and Cornwall.
Keep reading to learn more about venues and projects which have made an impact in cutting carbon emissions, improving the environment or promoting sustainable practices.
Electricity across the site is powered by an on-site wind turbine and solar panels, with the mains electricity coming from renewable energy sources. The campsite has solar showers and all buildings have been designed to let in as much natural light as possible. In 2018 the eco park swapped their mains water by digging a borehole which now provides 10,000 litres a day. They also utilise rainwater to flush toilets.
Six Senses Ibiza
Six Senses Ibiza will be the first sustainable BREEAM certified resort in the Balearics. Through careful consideration of the effects that operating systems, materials and purchasing policies have on the environment, Six Senses Ibiza will continue to develop new initiatives and procedures to not just minimize ecological impact but act as a regenerative force for good too. By working with local partners such as the Ibiza Preservation Fund, important preservation and biodiversity projects can continue on land and at sea.
Carnglaze is part of the Green Tourism Britain Scheme and currently holds a Gold Award. The awards certification programme run by Green Tourism recognises the commitment of tourism businesses which are actively working to become more sustainable.
Carnglaze encourage visitors to come by foot, bike or public transport by offering a offer a 10% discount on admission.
Plastic Free Ibiza and Formentera
The project aim is to phase out single-use plastics in Ibiza and Formentera by 2023.
• They collectively provide information and solutions on how to replace, reduce, reuse and recycle plastic
• They work with local administrations to support the introduction of a law in 2020 to start ban on single-use plastics
• They advise local businesses on legal, technical and market aspects of the ban
• Develop educational tools and resources for schools
• Collaborate with international plastic-free movements to share resources, experiences and expertise.
Sign-up to our mailing list to make sure you keep up to date with all things Fou.