Fou furnishings is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website; you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement and the Data Protection Act.
Fou furnishings may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st September 2013.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Information such as postcode, product preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer feedback and/or offers
Your Personal Details
We will always apply an opt in policy. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- When you request a brochure from fou furnishings and are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you want your information to be used in order to be informed of new products, services or promotions.
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Connor McIntosh Ltd is the named Data Controller. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to 12 Waterside Gardens, Carmunnock, Glasgow, G76 9AL, United Kingdom.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible, or at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We are committed to ensuring that your information and this Site are both secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We use encryption technology called Secure Sockets layer (SSL) to ensure that any data is read only by those who have the authority to do so. Look out for the padlock symbol at the bottom of the screen which signifies that you are on a secure site. We will take the steps necessary to ensure cardholder information is safe. All payment is securely processed through Worldpay.
We comply with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) standard through enrolment in Trustwave's Trusted Commerce programme which validates our compliance.